This initiative was born because of the distressing state of Chile today, a country dominated by corruption and indifference, subjected to the most neo-liberal economy in the world.
Chile is the country with the greatest number of natural-social disasters per year:
- We are the only country in the world where the water right was privitized, 72% of the Chile territory is in drought, 90% of population is affected, several localities no longer have water for basic consumption (La Ligua, Petorca, Cabildo,etc)
- The water of the north of Chile is contamined by arsenic and heavy metals, population is dying
- The number of wildfires is increasing year by year, only in 2017 have been burned more than 500,000 hectares of forest
- The mortality rate of marine species is increasing year by year, 40,000 tons of salmon died in 2016 and 9,000 tons of dead fish bathed in chemicals were dumped directly into the sea, causing mortality of other species
- Earthquakes, tsunamis, alluviums and volcanic eruptions are increasing as a result of geological change and the government is unable to respond to the victims of the disasters.
- High rates of depression and suicides; one of five Chileans suffers from depression and we are the country with the second highest youth suicide rate of the OECD.
- Cancer is responsible for 21% of the deaths en Chile
- Chile has the highest incidents of Bullying in the world, 62% of the schoolchildren of nine years old acknowledged having been victim of Bullying and 31% suffer from it almost every week
- Chile has the highest rate of childhood obesity in Latin America and we occupy the sixth place in the world.
- We have one of the most precarious and most expensive health systems in the world. We have the lowest rate of doctors per each 1000 habitants of the OCDE.
- The country with the highest rate of inequality of the OECD; the wealthiest 10% earn 26 times more than the poorest 10%, more than 50% of the country earns less than 500 dollars per month.
- 91% of the old people in Chile are in extreme poverty, receiving a pension lower than the minimum wage (approx $ 200 dollars).
- The cost of living in Chile is similar to that in London and - due to the fact that the minimum wage is 4 times lower - 10 million people are in debt in Chile and 4 million cannot pay their debts
- We have the most expensive and most deficient educational system in the world. We have the lowest indexes indices of the OCDE.
- The Chilean politicians are the highest paid politicians in all the world and their salaries are increased every year. (aprox $10.000 - $13.000 dollars)
- Almost all of the politic parties are and have been financed by the big enterprises in a corruptive way. Nobody has ever been arrested as a result of the political-business corruption
- The areas of collusion in Chile include the following areas: supermarkets, basic supplies, health care, transportation, education, pension system and financial market. Nobody has ever been arrested as a result of these multimillionaire scams that reach about 1800 million dollars.
- About 20.000 children are sexually abused every year and 1300 children have died in the “protection” centers called SENAME in 11 years. Inside of these centers, there are abuses and child prostitution networks. The government has created a lucrative business with the children who live in these protection centers, hides the cases and forsakes those affected.
- 44.000 people are being herded in the Chilean jails and we are the country with the second highest number of prisoners per each 100.000 habitants after the USA.
These are some statistical facts about our country which show that there is an urgent need for multiple coordinated actions. There are many activists who are acting individually and in an uncoordinated way, some of them as whistleblowers, others developing new systems in a self-managed ways which are aimed at solving the socio-environmental problems our country is facing. This is why it is necessary to establish a structure that allows them to work in a collaborative way.
Chile Despierta aims at unifying all of them in order to form one movement that is a catalyst for positive change in the national context. In this way, it will be possible to promote all those transformative projects that can solve the problems.
Our proposal is to promote activities that seek to establish a collaborative economy linking multiple projects on a large scale with the aim of fabricating, developing and implementing everything that is necessary to face the terrestrial change (water, energy, food, housing, communications, emergency systems and logistics), thus giving a signal of urgency and unity to the world.
Furthermore we aim to teach people how to make a living that is no longer just the pursuit of growth of GDP but on the maximization of happiness, because happiness is the ultimate end of life.
Our goal is to promote a digital participatory system to manage the needs in an effective and efficient way establishing conditions that promote culture and the involvement of society in the issues that affect the country.
Today in the 21st century we have all the technological-scientific capabilities to solve all problems in a definitive way and increase the quality of life exponentially.
Rising temperatures, poles melting exponentially and stopping the Gulf Stream will trigger a multisystem crisis in the world´s countries.
We need to make the biggest unity campaign that has ever been made in history, which communications and collaboration are the keys.
It is necessary to join now, otherwise there is no future
The challenges are huge but not impossible; Chile is perhaps the most united country in the world when it comes to an important cause:
- It is necessary to wake up the 70% who abstains to vote
- It is necessary to generate compassion-action to trigger the collaboration of multiple actors, from children in schools, to businessmen. The campaign belongs to everyone, and we all have to make the necessary change of mind to move forward.
- We have to assemble a team of the best activists and projects nationwide in a geography of 4,300 km
- We need to arouse interest and international support, because what is done in Chile is an important step for all humanity. All countries need the same change.
- It is important to educate and sensitize to the society on the challenges and risks of the world´s change, we are facing a process of massive extinction that has already begun.
Project's cost structure
|Social Media Marketing||Other||$3.000|
|Social Media Marketing||Other||$3.000|
Founder and Team Leader